[757labs] Yum, yum: Raspberry Pi

Carlisle Childress carlislechildress at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:02:50 EST 2012

Chris Tyler, of Seneca College, and Jon Masers, of RedHat, did a demo of
this on the raspberry pi developer boards at the Fedora Conference (
FUDcon ) in Blacksburg a few weeks ago.

The 3D and HD video performance is great due to the GPU on the board,
but the 2D performance is crappy since they haven't optimized it yet.
It's hoped that after the release of the first production boards that
more developers will be able to optimize the code.

The first Fedora Remix for Raspberry Pi is Fedora 14 because its taken
so long to build, test, modify and retest the Fedora source for ARM.

Fedora 15 should be ready soon.  They will skip Fedora 16 with the hopes
of getting Fedora 17 out about the same time that the regular Fedora 17
is released.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM