[757labs] nes.rom files

J. Albert Bowden jalbertbowden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:06:43 EDT 2012


hey peoples,

i've got some nes.rom files that i want to tinker with but i'm having a
hard time figuring out how to get in them; i keep hearing i should use an
emulator, but i don't want to play the games, i want access inside. know
how this can be done?

i also have nes audio .nsf files and can find nothing of value on how to
convert them to .mp3...anyone?

thanks,
albert



On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM, <757labs-request at 757labs.org> wrote:

> Send 757labs mailing list submissions to
>        757labs at 757labs.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        757labs-request at 757labs.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        757labs-owner at 757labs.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of 757labs digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Buttons??? (Beau Turner)
>   2. Re: Buttons??? (telmnstr at 757.org)
>   3. Re: Buttons??? (bryan seyffert)
>   4. Re: Buttons??? (Trevor Lewis)
>   5. MameBox Shell (Graham Cookson)
>   6. Re: MameBox Shell (Lee)
>   7. Re: MameBox Shell (telmnstr at 757.org)
>   8. LAN Party - Saturday April 21st (c flux)
>   9. Re: MameBox Shell (Geoff Parsons)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:50:20 -0400
> From: Beau Turner <beau.turner at gmail.com>
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: [757labs] Buttons???
> Message-ID:
>        <CAMTA4u+m_g2wauSHy917b+E7p_gtvr-vAr8B31k9hgdDWmfTEw at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Anyone have any leads on where to get "buttons", the kind that you would
> wear made locally or online that you have worked with?
>
> Thanks,
> Beau
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://757labs.org/pipermail/757labs/attachments/20120419/aca510fe/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
> From: telmnstr at 757.org
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: Re: [757labs] Buttons???
> Message-ID: <Pine.NEB.4.62.1204191518140.1089 at users.757.org>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>
>
> i think you can get a press to make them at michaels or such.
>
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, Beau Turner wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any leads on where to get "buttons", the kind that you would
> > wear made locally or online that you have worked with?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Beau
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:35:01 -0400
> From: bryan seyffert <cypher2301 at gmail.com>
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: Re: [757labs] Buttons???
> Message-ID:
>        <CAAf2Jy+=OLrY0iC+0YJNOFq1xmWTu1DzanUZLO44Ht9WqoR-YQ at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> My sister lives in texas but she makes these all the time.. I might
> could get her to make them for just the price of materials?
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Beau Turner <beau.turner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Anyone have any leads on where to get "buttons", the kind that you would
> > wear made locally or online that you have worked with?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Beau
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > 757labs mailing list
> > 757labs at 757labs.org
> > http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> > If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:10:49 -0400
> From: Trevor Lewis <trevorl.salad at gmail.com>
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: Re: [757labs] Buttons???
> Message-ID:
>        <CACSVzQk9GnZoyfq4QyOM15jD_RbVwBFKP7OD0vOKCovz4+NhJA at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> http://www.busybeaver.net
>
> They're surprisingly inexpensive, and they have glow in the dark buttons
> too.  :)
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM, bryan seyffert <cypher2301 at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > My sister lives in texas but she makes these all the time.. I might
> > could get her to make them for just the price of materials?
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Beau Turner <beau.turner at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Anyone have any leads on where to get "buttons", the kind that you
> would
> > > wear made locally or online that you have worked with?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Beau
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > 757labs mailing list
> > > 757labs at 757labs.org
> > > http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> > > If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
> > _______________________________________________
> > 757labs mailing list
> > 757labs at 757labs.org
> > http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> > If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
> >
>
>
>
> --
>
> Failure is just success rounded down. - T-Rex
>
> Sent from your iPhone.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://757labs.org/pipermail/757labs/attachments/20120419/574338a3/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:36:39 -0400
> From: Graham Cookson <thegforcian at gmail.com>
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: [757labs] MameBox Shell
> Message-ID:
>        <CADW4j7se-ZKAVYE8cyyGiL5zMm==eRae8DBKLVqh6VmC-AC+ww at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm somewhat new to the lab community and have been looking for awhile for
> an arcade machine shell/box, it doesn't need to be in working condition but
> I would appreciate it if it had the controls still in place as I'd like to
> use authentic arcade controls.  This is for a Mamebox project for my home.
>  If anyone has any leads or needs a trade/cash for it I'm willing to work
> something out.
>
> Thanks!
> Graham
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://757labs.org/pipermail/757labs/attachments/20120419/bd46b7dd/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 00:55:35 -0400
> From: Lee <leep at tigerbase.com>
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: Re: [757labs] MameBox Shell
> Message-ID:
>        <CANu-XmJCdzeWh5QmsGu6pJNvk-zYn4T0Siv=dQp2uNHh=i7aaA at mail.gmail.com
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to get real arcade controls to
> interface with a computer, but I know X-Arcade makes awesome arcade
> controllers designed to work with computers.  I have one on my MAME arcade
> cabinet and it works great.
>
> Check out
>
> http://www.xgaming.com/store/category/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/
> .
>  They also make a full MAME arcade (cabinet, controller and PC loaded with
> some games I believe.  Too pricey for me (I think it was around $2000 last
> time I checked).  I ended up buying a CHEAPY CHEAPY cabinet through Craigs
> List for $200.  Looks ugly as hell, but the X-Arcade controller it came
> with is very nice.
>
> --- Lee
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Graham Cookson <thegforcian at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I'm somewhat new to the lab community and have been looking for awhile
> for
> > an arcade machine shell/box, it doesn't need to be in working condition
> but
> > I would appreciate it if it had the controls still in place as I'd like
> to
> > use authentic arcade controls.  This is for a Mamebox project for my
> home.
> >  If anyone has any leads or needs a trade/cash for it I'm willing to work
> > something out.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Graham
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > 757labs mailing list
> > 757labs at 757labs.org
> > http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> > If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://757labs.org/pipermail/757labs/attachments/20120420/0a6f899e/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 00:59:19 -0400 (EDT)
> From: telmnstr at 757.org
> To: 757labs at 757labs.org
> Subject: Re: [757labs] MameBox Shell
> Message-ID: <Pine.NEB.4.62.1204200058530.1089 at users.757.org>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>
>
> > I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to get real arcade controls
> to
> > interface with a computer, but I know X-Arcade makes awesome arcade
> > controllers designed to work with computers.  I have one on my MAME
> arcade
> > cabinet and it works great.
>
> The J-Pac board is an interface card that goes arcade JAMMA harness
> connector to PC.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:22:25 -0400
> From: c flux <cyberfluxor at hotmail.com>
> To: <757labs at 757labs.org>
> Subject: [757labs] LAN Party - Saturday April 21st
> Message-ID: <BLU151-W1846696DEB9DC8F7C9B263BA220 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> Hello there members and friends of the Lab!
>
> Tomorrow is yet another LAN Party event at 757 Labs, starting at 1pm! Come
> out, bring a computer and plop down in an available seat.
>
> See the LAN page for additional information:
> http://www.757labs.org/wiki/Projects/lan-parties
>
> A special announcement from Blizzard is for this weekend Diablo III is
> running an open beta!
>
> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012
>
> Hope to see others there!
>
> - Matt
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://757labs.org/pipermail/757labs/attachments/20120420/bd0b7a74/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:37:22 -0400
> From: Geoff Parsons <skhisma at gmail.com>
> To: "757labs at 757labs.org" <757labs at 757labs.org>
> Subject: Re: [757labs] MameBox Shell
> Message-ID: <4056498422661126172 at unknownmsgid>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Yeah. JPac is the way to go for real controls. The xarcade stuff isn't
> bad though.
>
> /G
>
>
>
> On Apr 20, 2012, at 12:59 AM, "telmnstr at 757.org" <telmnstr at 757.org> wrote:
>
> >
> >> I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to get real arcade controls
> to
> >> interface with a computer, but I know X-Arcade makes awesome arcade
> >> controllers designed to work with computers.  I have one on my MAME
> arcade
> >> cabinet and it works great.
> >
> > The J-Pac board is an interface card that goes arcade JAMMA harness
> connector to PC.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > 757labs mailing list
> > 757labs at 757labs.org
> > http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> > If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> 757labs mailing list
> 757labs at 757labs.org
> http://757labs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/757labs
> If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be research.
>
> End of 757labs Digest, Vol 26, Issue 34
> ***************************************
>



-- 
J. Albert Bowden II

jalbertbowden at gmail.com

http://bowdenweb.com/
http://refreshhamptonroads.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://757labs.org/pipermail/757labs/attachments/20120420/341606e0/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the 757labs mailing list