[757labs] Asterisk @ the lab

Bai Shen baishen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:07:42 EDT 2011

Its way lower than that.  I don't think I've seen mine do anything other
than 20w.  Been a while since I measured it, though.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/asterisk/asterisk-on-apple-tv-tutorial.asp

> On Sep 14, 2011, at 3:10 PM, telmnstr at 757.org wrote:
>
>> So I tried to load Asterisk on a VIA itx based SFF that was loaned to us.
It was setup with Asterisk originally but a custom version sold by the
hardware vendor, which is undoubtably old.

>> I hate to stand up a full computer just to run Asterisk. I was thinking
of trying to hunt down something like a P4 laptop with a broken screen.

>> Would this be more power efficient than running it on a desktop computer
with just a mobo/hard drive/low end graphics?