[757labs] Contest Time
skhisma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:09:59 EST 2011
There are two contests coming up that might interest members if you haven't heard about them already.
Instructables Microcontroller Contest
To enter the contest, make a new Instructable that involves a microcontroller, any microcontroller, and be sure to share the code you used. The Instructable can cover getting started or show how to make some epic project. It's up to you!
For this contest we'll be giving away $1,000 worth of goods from SparkFun, laser-etched Leatherman Squirt E4s, and Instructable Prize Packs! So much good stuff. So get going on your project, we can't wait to see what it is!
555 Contest (For you microcontroller haters)
* All electronics are fair game (including all flavors of the 555/556/558). However, those deemed to not be using the 555 as a major component of their design will be penalized in judging. (i.e. using a microcontroller and only using the 555 for a small part of the application will not be as highly judged as someone using a 555 as the main controller in the design)
* There are many circuits already out there, but we encourage original circuits AND original application. Don’t copy-paste circuits and don’t copy your peers.
* You can submit as many times as you’d like but you have to submit separately for each category.
* Must have sufficient documentation: Choice of video, schematic, images, whatever. You must be able to prove it works somehow and showcase the application. Decision as to whether it works or not is the final discretion of the judges.
* All entries must be submitted by March 1st, 2011. Yeah, it’s quick, but the world moves fast, and it’s motivation to get moving!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 757labs